Photobucket

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Bad Blogger

Wow, has it really been 10 days since I've been here? What have I been doing? Well, let's see ... it's been terribly hot outside which makes me feel like a slug. Like a big pile of goo, actually. But, despite the heat, my hubby and I have been productive. Two weekends ago we started cleaning the garage, which had been taken over by clutter. We don't actually park in our garage as it is the home to a full size pool table. A full size pool table which we never actually played on ... well because the clutter monster moved in. But I'm proud to say that after two exhausting weekends, we have reclaimed the garage! We booted the clutter monster out and now we play pool. The kids love it! Who knew that's all it would take to entice them away from their computers and XBox. Pool. It's a wonderful thing. :)

Then, this past weekend I tackled the shed. The clutter monster's cousin moved in there. But, now it too is clean and organized. I feel so much better when my world is organized. It just makes me happy.

On Friday, the Fed-X man brought me a brand new computer! I desperately needed one. My poor old HP had slowed to a crawl. I spent more time waiting than actually working. Now, I can fly! My new Dell XPS 430 just sings. After a couple of days of getting aquainted with Windows Vista Home Premium, I can finally get some work done. I can't tell you how nice it is to push a button and have my computer respond immediately! It's like Heaven. :)

School is just around the corner. My oldest heads back to college this week and the other two start back to school just two weeks later. Summer is almost over and the busy fall season will be kicking in. I can't wait! I've got several photo sessions already lined up for the fall and I'm eager to get started!


And because I've been such a lame blogger here recently, I thought I'd leave you with a couple pictures. This adorable little guy comes to visit me everyday. Well not me really, but his lady who built her tiny little nest in the flower box right outside my kitchen window.

Photobucket

He's so darn cute. He brings her all sorts of yummy things, like moths, worms and slugs. He flies up, lands on the deck rail, checks me out through the window for a few minutes ....

Photobucket
... then he hops along through the flowers (you can see them wiggling)...

Photobucket
... then he pops his little head up and down a few times to see if I'm still there. He delivers his little gift into the nest for his wife, then flies off for more. He comes and go countless times in a day. I counted at least 3 tiny eggs, which have now turned into three tiny babies. I will try to photograh them, but the nest is positioned in such a way, I just don't know if it's possible. It will be my mission today. I'll see what I can do.

Photobucket
I will sure miss him when his babies all fly away and he doesn't come to visit me anymore. He makes washing dishes downright pleasant. :)

No comments:

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for my Email Newsletter
For Email Marketing you can trust

PLEASE DO NOT COPY

All images are protected under the US Copyright Law, and belong to S Keys Photography. Do not save to your hard drive, download, print or post any image from this blog.

Thank you for respecting my work.

Thanks for stopping by!