Photobucket

Thursday, May 1, 2008

One Courageous Young Lady


I introduced you yesterday to Miss "J" . She is one courageous 5th Grader! A few weeks ago she underwent surgery on not one, but both of her feet. She had the accessory navicular bone removed from both feet and the tendon was reattached to the naviuclar bone. Ouch!

Miss "J" is a very active young lady. She takes dance and plays sports. When the pain became so great that she was having trouble functioning, surgery became a must. Miss "J" bravely faced her surgery a few weeks ago, knowing that she would be immobile and requiring a wheelchair for several weeks and after that she would be "upgraded" to physical therapy and crutches. That's an awful lot for a very active 5th grade child to deal with. But Miss "J" has handled it all with a wonderful optismism and maturity. I must say, not one word of pity or "woe-is-me" came out of this child's mouth during our photo shoot. She was absolutely up for anything, including laying down in the grass - which was no easy feat, I might add!! She was just a joy to be around.




I loved her beautiful casts. When I was 7 and broke my arm, I can tell you that I didn't have a pretty cast like these!!! Mine was an ugly off white contraption. Yuck.
.
I asked Jenny to come up with 10 words to describe how she feels about her whole experience. You'll find her words (and a couple from her mom) on the first picture in this post. We were quite amazed at a couple of the words she came up with. I can only hope that I would be half as good a patient as Miss "J" if I found myself immobile for such a length of time!!! NOT!

No comments:

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for my Email Newsletter
For Email Marketing you can trust

PLEASE DO NOT COPY

All images are protected under the US Copyright Law, and belong to S Keys Photography. Do not save to your hard drive, download, print or post any image from this blog.

Thank you for respecting my work.

Thanks for stopping by!