Photobucket

Friday, August 15, 2008

I Think There's Something Wrong With Me....

....I'm addicted to bugs!!! Well, photographing them anyway. I really don't like bugs all that much. I certainly don't want them on me! I just couldn't pass by this one without grabbing my camera and pestering her for a little while.

Photobucket

I call it "her" because, apparently, the ladies bite off their husband's heads!!! eeeeewwwwww! Obviously their momma's didn't teach them any better.

Photobucket

Look at those eyes! Creepy, huh??? Did you know that a Praying Mantis can swivel it's head up to 300 degrees without ever moving it's body? Just go up to one and start circling it. It's head will follow you wherever you go! And if you're lucky it won't jump on you and bite your head off!

Photobucket

This girl was really big. About 4 inches or so. I used my telephoto lens, cause I wasn't getting too close! Mantises are masters of camouflage which is why it's so dadgum hard to photograph them. My camera has fits with all that green. I read that Mantises live 10-12 months on average. I wish this lady happy hunting in my flower beds and a long, happy life. :)

No comments:

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for my Email Newsletter
For Email Marketing you can trust

PLEASE DO NOT COPY

All images are protected under the US Copyright Law, and belong to S Keys Photography. Do not save to your hard drive, download, print or post any image from this blog.

Thank you for respecting my work.

Thanks for stopping by!