Photobucket

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Beautiful Murray's Mill

This morning a friend and I went to Murray's Mill in Catawba, NC. It's my first time going and I just fell in love with the place. So beautiful! The mill was built in 1913 by John Murray and is now a National Register Historic Site.


Photobucket

It couldn't have been a more perfect day for picture taking. Look at the beautiful fall colors and the fluffy clouds in the sky ... it was just perfect.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

An interesting note I read about the mill ... it is said that William's original dam stands beneath the surface of the present pond. How cool! I wish I could have seen it!

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


This would be a positively gorgeous place to take portraits. There are so many scenic spots to shoot and little places to sit all over the place. So when you're booking your appointments be sure and keep this place in mind for a photo shoot!

1 comment:

Melissa Cockman Photography said...

I LOVE Murray's Mill! It's my 'Goldmine Close to Home' as it's only 5 minutes from our house in Sherrills Ford! I've done 5 sessions there in the past few months and was actually there this past Saturday photogging the 'W Family' (on my blog)....It's just a lovely locale!

And.....at 3:00 Saturday there was a Wedding taking place there on the grounds! When I met my clients at 3, we realized we were going to have to miss out on the store and mill images...but we lucked out with beautiful weather and wonderful foilage, never the less.

Your images are just wonderful, I enjoyed them so much. Thank you for sharing!

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for my Email Newsletter
For Email Marketing you can trust

PLEASE DO NOT COPY

All images are protected under the US Copyright Law, and belong to S Keys Photography. Do not save to your hard drive, download, print or post any image from this blog.

Thank you for respecting my work.

Thanks for stopping by!