Photobucket

Monday, March 30, 2009

CONGRATS TO M.H.S. BLUE ACES !!

We spent a wild weekend in Raleigh at my son's AFJROTC Unit's drill meet. It was a long drive and the weather was less than ideal, but boy are we glad we went! This group of kids did such an awesome job at the meet! We are so proud of them!

They placed 1st - F I R S T !!!!! - in the Flight Innovative (otherwise known as Flight Fancy). Let me just say this is a tough event to win. And, not only did they win, I think they won hands down! The judges were even smiling during their routine! They spent many, many hours working on this routine and they ROCKED!! It actually brought a tear to many a parent's eye, including my own.

The color guard team took 3rd - T H I R D !!!! - I think it's been about 4 years or so since they've placed in color guard, so they were thrilled!

Photobucket


Why are they looking so, well sloppy and dirty, you ask? This drill meet had an athletic competition after the drill routines were complete. It was very exciting!! Many of our cadets competed and did great ... then the rain came and turned the competition into mud! I ran for cover before the rain hit so I missed the end.

Photobucket


I am working on a slide show of the day that I hope to have done and posted in a day or two. I took about 800+ pics, so be patient with me! :)

CONGRATS NC-938!!! WE COULDN'T BE MORE PROUD OF YOU!

No comments:

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for my Email Newsletter
For Email Marketing you can trust

PLEASE DO NOT COPY

All images are protected under the US Copyright Law, and belong to S Keys Photography. Do not save to your hard drive, download, print or post any image from this blog.

Thank you for respecting my work.

Thanks for stopping by!