Photobucket

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

March 5, 1989 ~ A Very Special Day

Do you remember where you were 20 years ago today? Wow .... 20 years ago. That's a long time, isn't it? Well let me tell you where I was 20 years ago today. I was in the hospital, hooked up to various machines and contraptions. I had nurses coming and going and a doctor who popped in periodically to check on me. But I wasn't sick, or injured ....

20 years ago today ... my husband and I became parents. 20 years ago today, we were blessed with a beautiful baby girl we named Stephanie. She was tiny, pink and wrinkly with a big cone head with a bruise on top and a slightly battered face. We adored her. She brought such changes to our lives. Just like that we went from a couple to a family and everything we had known changed. It's amazing what such a tiny little bundle can teach you. You learn that you are capable of a degree of love, caring, patience and responsibility far beyond anything you could have imagined.


Photobucket

One week old

Photobucket



Photobucket

The power of a picture. I confess to not having the best memory in the world. But through these pictures I can remember everything about her childhood. As I look at these all the memories come flooding back and it feels like just yesterday that she was this small.


Photobucket

Photobucket

And look who else was young (no, not me!)... Elliott! He was just a puppy here. Look at all that beautiful black fur! He'll be celebrating a birthday soon as well. 16 next month! Do you think my glasses could have been any bigger! hah!

Photobucket

Had to slip this one in cause I just love it! So cute! Stephanie and her brother played together pretty well. Till they got a little older anyway... haha!

Photobucket


Stephanie was an active child. She liked to participate in many things. Over the years we spent lots of time at dance recitals, school events, handbells, basketball, softball, JROTC, and more. My behind spent many hours on assorted bleachers over the years... perhaps that's why it's so much bigger now!

Photobucket

Yep, these are all mine. All three. I miss the days when they were so willing to sit for me and get their photos taken. Those days are long gone now. Except for Stephanie. She's almost always willing to be my model when I need to try out something new, or just need to "shoot" something.

Photobucket

I can't believe that 20 years has flown by. In just a blink of an eye. It's so hard for me to grasp. It seems like just yesterday that this precious little girl was bouncing around our house and now she's a young woman in college and well on her way to spreading her wings to fly.


Photobucket


HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEPHANIE!
You are such a wonderful young woman with a good head on your shoulders and such a sweet personality. You mean so much to so many... and we are so very proud of you and know that you will go far in life.

Even though you can't be home with us today, I hope you know how very much we all love you and wish you the very happiest of days !

Photobucket


And may I just say that after looking back at all these photos, I realize how very much my photography skills have improved in 20 years as well!!! Thank goodness for Photoshop and Noiseware!!! LOL

No comments:

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for my Email Newsletter
For Email Marketing you can trust

PLEASE DO NOT COPY

All images are protected under the US Copyright Law, and belong to S Keys Photography. Do not save to your hard drive, download, print or post any image from this blog.

Thank you for respecting my work.

Thanks for stopping by!