Photobucket

Friday, April 18, 2008

What The Heck Are These Things???



My neighbor and I were outside gardening yesterday, when she came over and said, "You have to come these "bugs"!" I said, "Should I bring my camera??" "YES!", she said.
.
Well the "bugs" turned out to be these beautiful mothy-butterfly thingies. Neither of us had ever seen them before in our lives. You can see how big they are! And so colorful! And sorta fat and furry.... what could they be??


Look at the cool "eye" on their wings. The ones on top sorta remind me of a human mouth - like puckered lips. The other two are transparent - perhaps on the wings underneath.
.

Check out these antennae!! They remind me of a combination of bunny ears and ferns! Cool!

Beautiful texture and color.

There were, in fact, two of them! They were, ummmm .... "joined at the hip", shall we say. For a few hours, in fact!! My neighbor and I spent about 20 minutes observing and photographing them from every available angle. Nothing like having an audience while you're "joined at the hip", eh??


Love this last one. Just can't over the antennae! I've just never seen anything like it!!!



If you know what these things are, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease leave me a message and share your knowledge!!! It will drive us bonkers until we know, too!


No comments:

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for my Email Newsletter
For Email Marketing you can trust

PLEASE DO NOT COPY

All images are protected under the US Copyright Law, and belong to S Keys Photography. Do not save to your hard drive, download, print or post any image from this blog.

Thank you for respecting my work.

Thanks for stopping by!