Photobucket

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas At Our House

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


Just a little peek at some of our Christmas decorations ... We don't go "all out" here, but we do like lots of lights and totally enjoy decorating the tree! Speaking of trees ... we put up two this year. Two in the same place. While my youngest and I were outside putting up lights, someone, presumably my beloved kitty, Rocky, knocked our beautiful tree of 20 years over and effectively killed it. Bent the trunk beyond repair. AFTER it was already decorated, mind you! So my hubby and I had to go out and buy a new one and we had to decorate again. Our new tree is cute, if a tad short, and PRE-LIT! Love that! I gave in and let the masses go with colored lights. Although I may sneak a few white lights on next year. Colored lights just don't illuminate the way white lights do.

My kids are counting down the days till Christmas morning. I've been doing something fun for years. I assign each kid a reindeer name and that's what goes on their gifts. So they never know which gifts are theirs until Christmas Eve when they find a tag in their stocking with their assigned name for the year. Then it's lots of snooping to check out all the packages and see who got what! Fun! Fun!

Don't know about your kids, but my kids are up most of the night on Christmas Eve. We can hear them padding about (now mind you, I have 3 teenagers, so they're not too quiet). And now-adays coffee is already brewing for us by the time my hubby and I head downstairs. We always made the kids wait till after we got the coffee going - you know, just to prolong their agony just a little longer. hoho!

I hope that you are enjoying the holidays at your house as much as we are here!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

No comments:

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for my Email Newsletter
For Email Marketing you can trust

PLEASE DO NOT COPY

All images are protected under the US Copyright Law, and belong to S Keys Photography. Do not save to your hard drive, download, print or post any image from this blog.

Thank you for respecting my work.

Thanks for stopping by!