Photobucket

Friday, January 18, 2008

SNOW DAY !!!

After almost 3 years we FINALLY had a good snowfall in the foothills of North Carolina! We've had ice, but no real snow to speak of. The kids had just about given up hope of ever seeing snow again. sigh..... And then, during the dark of night, it started to fall, and by morning it was a winter wonderland! So beautiful!


I amused myself (for awhile anyway) with taking pictures of different things in the yard that I found "photo worthy".



I threw some birdseed out on the snow to attract our fine feathered friends. I managed to get a couple shots of our beautiful NC state bird - the Red Cardinal. Love their hairdos!





But then I started getting bored. So I went inside and harassed the kids until they finally got up and came outside to play! There is no school when it snows in NC. Not enough snow plows to go around, so alot of things just shut down. The kids LOVE it!!!
.
R & K finally rolled out of bed and donned several layers of clothes to come out and brave the frigid cold. By this time a light freezing rain had started to fall. But that didn't stop us. We played anyway. I took all my pics from under an umbrella!!! :)

I'm not sure R is really awake yet ...


Even the dog came out to play. She loved the mysterious, cold, wet, white stuff! Ran around the yard like a loon!




We don't really have any good hills in our yard, so we "borrowed" the neighbors small, but effective, hill. It's probably just as well that we didn't have a large hill, as steering seemed to be a problem for a little while. You know when it doesn't snow but once every 2 or 3 years it's hard to become a seasoned sledder!


Sometimes the bushes just jump right out and grab ya!!!!




But after a frew tries, they finally got the hang of it!


R liked the head first method. He said you had better control that way.

So, K tried it too ... sort of. :)

Cool!

Watch out for that treeeeeeeeeeeeeee! haha!

R & K. Sledding pros.


After sledding, R went in. Cold and wet. K stayed out. She felt that a snow day just wouldn't be complete without a snowman. So off she went to build one.


This little guy kinda reminds me of ET. :)



Wonder where she learned to hold a pipe like that ????


Is he not the CUTEST little snowman you ever did see ????


Wait! I think I see a family resemblance here!



Till next time, Mr. Snow.


No comments:

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for my Email Newsletter
For Email Marketing you can trust

PLEASE DO NOT COPY

All images are protected under the US Copyright Law, and belong to S Keys Photography. Do not save to your hard drive, download, print or post any image from this blog.

Thank you for respecting my work.

Thanks for stopping by!