Photobucket

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Little Jewels

Photobucket



As you all know, photography is my passion. But what you may not know is that I also love to piddle in the garden. My "backyard" neighbor and I have merging gardens where we can often be found. We start gardening in early spring, raking, planning and planting. We go like gang busters. This usually lasts till about July when we start to get sick of the heat, and mosquitoes, and weeds, and overgrown plants, etc. We reemerge in the fall when the weather turns crisp and cool to rake and trim. We're passionate about it.

Alas, I don't have near the time I used to to to go outside and play. These days I'm pretty much limited to just keeping up with my flower beds, edging, pulling weeds, planting, etc. But in years past I used to take great pleasure in "lumberjacking" out in our woods! I worked very hard at trying to get them cleared of scrub and poison ivy ... all with my little flip-open 13" handsaw. I was making good progress till last year ... when S. Keys Photography took over my life. LOL Now my woods have pretty much reverted back to the wild.

Here's just a couple pics I took the other day from my yard and a couple from my neighbor's yard as well. There's just nothing like beautiful flowers to brighten up you day.

Mother Nature is helping out today, by "watering" my yard! A nice steady rain ... perfect. :)

No comments:

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for my Email Newsletter
For Email Marketing you can trust

PLEASE DO NOT COPY

All images are protected under the US Copyright Law, and belong to S Keys Photography. Do not save to your hard drive, download, print or post any image from this blog.

Thank you for respecting my work.

Thanks for stopping by!