Photobucket

Friday, June 26, 2009

Forty-Seven - 47


Do you ever wonder about what fun facts you can come up with about a given number?
Let's look at the number 47.

Did you know that American's eat an average of 47 pounds of chicken each year???

Or that there are 47 species of gulls?? Wow!

Bet you didn't know the average temperature of Troy, NY is 47.8 degrees. Brrrrr!

The first space shuttle flight after the Challenger disaster was STS-47.

For you TV buffs... did you know there are 47 voting members for the Academy Awards??

This is a no-brainer. Of the books sold in the U.S., 47% are romance novels. lol

For you sports fans ... Babe Ruth's career home run record of 714 home runs stood for 47 years until Hank Aron broke it. The last day Ruth's record stood was 4/7/74! How cool is that???

I liked this one cause I come from Ireland (way, way, way back when). The Great Potato Famine in Ireland occured in 1847. There is a commerative beer named Black 47Stout.

Sorta gross ... A cubic foot of human flesh weighs approximately 47 pounds. Okay, really gross!!!
South Carolina has 47 state parks.

For you history buffs ... When Lord Carnavon tragically opened Tut's tomb, 47 people died from the curse.

This one makes my say "WHAAAAT!!" According to "The Book of Facts" by Isaac Asimov, a mosquito has 47 teeth!!!! I didn't even know these little beasts HAD teeth!!! Maybe that's why I had 15 bites behind my knee last week!!!

My personal favorite. 47 years ago today, I entered the world. :) Wow, that was a loong time ago!!!


My kids greeted me this morning with Happy Birthday greetings, hugs, kisses and gifts. Stephanie bought me the cutest wine glass! I am not much of a drinker. But I do like the occasional glass of Sangria. My favorite comes right from the grocery store. If you've been to Hallmark lately, you've probably seen their adorable collection of hand-painted glasses. We always stop and admire them. Stephanie got me the one appropriately called "Sangria". :) So I had to run out to the grocery today to be some so I could try out my new glass!!!

Kelly made me an adorable picture of my name. I LOVE it! She is my crafty kid. She's just like her mom. Always making things, painting things, rearranging things, etc. She'll have an awesome house someday, I just know it.

Ryan, being the boy of the bunch ... he greeted me with a hug, a kiss and a Happy Birthday. What more could a Mom ask for. :) Love them all. xoxo

Photobucket


(I found all the fun facts about the number 47 at http://www.orbitals.com/psiu/47.html)





No comments:

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for my Email Newsletter
For Email Marketing you can trust

PLEASE DO NOT COPY

All images are protected under the US Copyright Law, and belong to S Keys Photography. Do not save to your hard drive, download, print or post any image from this blog.

Thank you for respecting my work.

Thanks for stopping by!