Photobucket

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Hi Everyone! We're back from vacation. And after a couple days of regrouping, I'm fully back to work.

Our trip to Florida was great! Just the break we all needed. Although, I have to say, we're just NOT Florida people. Way too hot, humid and sticky for us. We're more moderate temp people.

I had an interesting time last week. On the way down to Florida ... an hour and a half from our destination to be exact ... I got BIT BY A DOG!!! Yes! On the leg! By a little pip-squeak of a dog at that! The girls and I were walking into a fast food/convenience store/gas station to use the restroom. On the way up to the door this little dog (on a leash) came running up to me. I thought it was just sniffing my leg. Next thing I knew it was biting me!!! I jumped back and was so shocked I just stood there looking at the dang dog and it's lady, who did and said absolutely NOTHING I might add! I said "YOU'RE DOG JUST BIT ME!!!" No response. Although it was immediately a deep purpley red, I didn't think it had broken the skin so we went inside. However, in a few minutes it was bleeding. We bought a bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide and headed back out. Of course, the woman and her mutt were gone. Can you believe it??? I'm glad it bit me and not one of my kids. A week and half later it's still healing. The two puncture wounds are taking the longest. Thank goodness I didn't end up foaming at the mouth!!!

Then, as if that wasn't enough, I woke up the next day with FIFTEEN (15) mosquito bites behind one knee!!! Obviously, that little pest hung out with me under the covers. And to top it all off I broke out with a massive fever blister on my upper lip about mid week. It was just not my week.

Other than those minor incidents and the heat and humidity, we had a great time. We hit Busch Gardens which is a fun , fun place. We spent one afternoon at the beach, where the girls got some major back sunburn, from which they are now peeling. And we went to the Tampa Aquarium, which was alot of fun. I just love aquariums.

The best part was hangin with family. My Dad and Norma are always so much fun. My hubby and I are now in the process of dropping the extra pounds we gained from all of Norma's cooking!!!

I took tons and tons of pics, as you can imagine. Haven't even downloaded them all yet. But as soon as I do, I promise I'll have some to share. Here's one that the girls and I just couldn't wait to see. This little pair was from Busch Gardens. Aren't they the cutest things you've ever seen!
The girls both want this pic in poster size. lol

Photobucket

No comments:

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for my Email Newsletter
For Email Marketing you can trust

PLEASE DO NOT COPY

All images are protected under the US Copyright Law, and belong to S Keys Photography. Do not save to your hard drive, download, print or post any image from this blog.

Thank you for respecting my work.

Thanks for stopping by!