Photobucket

Sunday, June 28, 2009

A Sweet Gift

Yesterday my hubby and I celebrated our 22nd wedding anniversary! I can remember my wedding day like it was just yesterday, and yet here we are 22 years and 3 kids later. Wow. If I just sit back and let my mind wander through the years, through the memories, I realize just how much we've done in those 22 years, how far we've come. Sometimes when you've been married this long, you start to take things for granted and not put the work into the marriage that you did way back when. My hubby and I have been guilty of this from time to time as well. But the thing with us is we're solid. We love each other through thick and thin and we're in it for the long haul. So today we begin year 23 and I think it's going to be a good one.

We didn't do anything special for our anniversary this year. No "out to dinner", no gift exchange ... after just getting back from our vacation we're really happy to just be at home and chill. We threw some steaks on the grill and just enjoyed propping our feet up in front of the tv. That's what 22 years will do for ya! lol

But my daughter Stephanie had to work yesterday and when she came home she surprised me with this sweet little bouquet of flowers. Let me just say it's really awesome when your kids grow up and start to do things on their own. I am so honored to be their mom. All 3 of my kids are wonderful, wonderful people. They each have their own personalities and strengths. I can't wait to see them all grown with families of their own some day. That will really be something. :)

Thanks Steph for the beautiful flowers. I love them! xoxo M

Photobucket

No comments:

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for my Email Newsletter
For Email Marketing you can trust

PLEASE DO NOT COPY

All images are protected under the US Copyright Law, and belong to S Keys Photography. Do not save to your hard drive, download, print or post any image from this blog.

Thank you for respecting my work.

Thanks for stopping by!