Photobucket

Monday, June 1, 2009

AFJROTC ~ Portrait Photographer, Catawba Cnty, NC

Two of my kids have been proud members of their high school AFJROTC program. Air Force Junior Reserve Officer Training Corp. My eldest, Stephanie, was a member for four years and made it all the way to Cadet Colonel as well as Squadron Commander.

Now my son, who just finished his third year and is currently a Cadet Captain, has his eye set on Colonel as well! He'll have to work really hard next year, but I think he'll make it!

Saturday night we had the AFJROTC Awards Banquet. It's always a fun and exciting event. Each year there are several National Awards given out by various veteran organizations. They are beautiful ribbons and medals and each cadet hopes that they might receive one.

This year my son, Ryan, received the top National Award of the year. The Air Force Association Award. It's a beautiful medal and ribbon and he will wear it with pride. He was shocked and pleased that HE was the recipient of such a prestigious award.

Photobucket


AFJROTC has been such a big part of our lives for so long now, 6 years to be exact. My husband and I have always been very patriotic. Me having a Dad who served his country in the US Air Force for 20+ years. And my husband having brothers and nephews serving their country as well. JROTC has given my kids a sense of pride and patriotism that will stick with them their entire lives. They know things about the military and flag etiquette that too many American's nowadays know nothing about. We will never worry about them having a lack of respect for their country or our American troops. And believe me, they know that Freedom Isn't Free.


Photobucket

These two men have dedicated 15+ years to teaching kids at M.H.S. how to be good citizens, good leaders and to respect their flag and country. They are two of the best JROTC instructors I've ever met. We will be forever grateful to them for all that they have taught us and for helping to ensure that our kids are decent, upstanding citizens.

If you have children entering high school and that high school has a JROTC program, I encourage you to highly suggest that they take the class. You will not be sorry.
I wish every high school student in America would take the class. It's a wonderful program.


Photobucket

No comments:

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for my Email Newsletter
For Email Marketing you can trust

PLEASE DO NOT COPY

All images are protected under the US Copyright Law, and belong to S Keys Photography. Do not save to your hard drive, download, print or post any image from this blog.

Thank you for respecting my work.

Thanks for stopping by!